Since I'll be busy eating everything vegetarian at dinner tomorrow (aka starving while everyone is feasting) I figured I'll get a head start and share my thankfulness tonight :)
1. My family: My family has always been around for me. Together we've had our tough times and our good times, and that's what family is all about. I really got lucky when it comes to family. We're not perfect, but we love each other and that's what really matters in this world.
2. Daniel: My other half. We've had some hard times (being 3 hours apart at almost all times is not the easiest thing in the world, although I need to keep in mind that others have it worse.) What I love about our relationship is that we are both willing to work at it -- and to find a guy that's willing to work through the hard times, no matter how hard they might be, well that's certainly something to be thankful for.
3. Friends: The people I laugh with, the people I cry to, the people who make my life a better place. I've been fortunate enough to have the best friends in high school when I was bullied. Those same friends are still my best friends, because they stuck by my side, stood up for me, made my life a little easier. For that, they will forever be my bestfriends. I've made some new bestfriends in college as well -- most of them I met during my first week of summer session freshman year. We spent the last four years together, and what a great four years they were.
4. My Dogs: I've said it before -- if only we could drunk text our dogs, God, would life be grand. They understand everything. They are so loyal and so loving, and they are purely themselves. All animals are amazing in my book, but I don't know what I would do without my dogs to cuddle and play with.
5. The essentials: I've been fortunate enough to live a life where I've always had food, a home, and people to share it with. I've always gotten a present on my birthday and Christmas, and I don't say that to sound materialistic. I say that because I'm lucky to have had people around me that cared enough about me to provide me with those things -- not all people are that lucky, so I think it's something to be grateful for.
Well of course I can blog all day about the things I'm grateful for -- like lattes from Dunkin' Donuts and Facebook, for example -- but I think I hit all the essentials. Plus, I gotta go eat.
What are you grateful for this Thanksgiving?